Basic Hydraulics-Second Edition: Component and Circuit Design, Operation, & Analysis
William W. Reeves, John A. Marshall and Yuqiu You
An introduction to fluid power and hydraulic components and circuitry for technology and engineering students with a basic understanding of physics and mechanics. ﾠ
A programmed approach presents applications of hydraulic components such as pumps, valves and actuators as well as designing circuits from these assembled components. Reeves and Marshall explain the complex machinery and the fundamental skills needed to apply hydraulic systems.
Look inside for these features:
- design exercises are found throughout the textbook
- step-by-step explanations build problem solving skills
- U.S. and metric standards are presented in a parallel approach for all problems for versatility
- each chapter includes interactive response questions to enhance comprehension of material
- models appearing as "problem palettes" are presented for step-wise problem solving (embedded in the text at points-of-use)
- answers for all problems in the text appear in the appendix in both U.S. customary and metric units.
About the Authors:
William Reeves is a Professor Emeritus in the Department of Engineering Technology and Management at Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
John Marshall was a Professor in the Department of Technology at the University of Southern Maine in Gorham, Maine (b.1955 – d.2015)
Yuqiu You is an Associate Professor in the Department of Engineering Technology and Management, Athens, Ohio
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 03 November, 2011.