The Crumble Starter Kit
by Valden Longhurst
Discover how the robotic industry has contributed to and influenced the growth of technology within multiple industries.
Learn amazing science, technology, engineering, art, and math (S.T.E.A.M.) facts and apply them as you build your own projects using the Crumble Controller and eight of the external add-on modules (called crumbs).
This manual is the first manual of The Crumble Starter Kit Companion series—a series focused on educating students between the years of eight to twelve. This digital version contains 227 pages and provides the student and instructor with an ability to interact with multimedia and interactive elements embedded within the document. These elements include:
- Over 80 audio pronunciations and definitions of key words;
- Over 20 video presentations of the student projects;
- Doodle areas for students to draw and develop their ideas; and
- Note taking areas where students and/or instructors can record notes.
Additionally, the following pedagogy was used to facilitate the learning process:
- Opening quotes to stimulate interest;
- Brief introduction and overview of chapter topics;
- Educational objectives to identify clearly each chapter’s purpose;
- Real-world examples or stories demonstrating principles within chapter contents;
- Focus questions to facilitate internalization of key concepts;
- Educational concepts to help apply and understand robotic technology;
- Enrichment activities encouraging further exploration; and
- Self-assessment questions ensuring learning objectives are met.
- A computer capable of playing MP3 audio and MP4 (H.264/AAC) video files;
- A recent PDF viewer (such as Adobe Reader);
- 83 Megs available disk space; and
- A recent version of a Flash Player may also be required.
PDF Download Only
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 15 March, 2017.